The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for conceiving content in multiple formats for omnichannel marketing for lead generation, acquisition, and customer retention. The Content Manager will have expertise in at least one area of content creation and will work with internal staff to develop the content and with external individuals and vendors to create it.
****THIS ROLE CAN BE DONE REMOTELY. WE PREFER CANDIDATES WITHIN 2 HOURS OF SOUTH-CENTRAL, PA IN CASE TRAINING/ORIENTATION IS NEEDED/FEASIBLE DUE TO COVID-19
● Create one to two free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include whitepapers, infographics, videos, guides, webinars, etc.).
● Collaborate with sales, customer experience, product development, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of current and prospective customers. Employ SEO strategies in the development of materials.
● Develop a blog and create content posts on an ongoing basis to support and promote offers and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
● Oversee social media channels, working closely with other members of the marketing department.
● Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
● Conduct research identifying relevant topics, fact-checking, and analyzing sources to generate information. Maintain a list of subject matter experts in the industry.
● Review all copy to ensure adherence to the style guide, to maintain an appropriate tone, and check for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style.
● Develop both sales and instructional videos, webinars, podcasts, and other relevant formats to meet product needs.
● Maintain an editorial calendar, including scheduling and tracking of content.
● Develop and maintain a copy asset management system for all marketing channels. In concert with the assistant digital manager, develop and maintain a digital asset management system that links.
● Establish analytics and benchmarks, develop and provide regular reports on KPIs. Assess and adjust content format and type based on analytics.
● Serve as source for copy review across the organization.
● Stay abreast of trends and provide recommendations and plans for new initiatives and improvements.
● Provides regular status reports
● Plays an active role in committees throughout the organization
● Document processes and procedures and ensures they are being followed
● Ensures areas of budget responsibility, including reconciling invoices with project estimates. Ensures that all receipts are turned into accounting in a timely manner.
● Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or Related field
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in B2C or B2B
● Expertise in developing and creating content in at least one format (e.g., written, video, education content) with experience in other areas of content creation.
● Proven ability to write and edit with speed and accuracy, displaying a strong knowledge of English grammar and the ability to create clear, engaging, and informative text.
● Intermediate to advanced experience in content management systems, social media software.
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge project management software and asset management software
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe InCopy or other content creation and digital management systems.
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin), online forums, and blogs.
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Content Management Systems