Akeso Talent Engagement is looking for a motivated Nurse Practitioner with a clinical background in higher-acuity patients that is willing to learn new disciplines and be a part of a brand new, state-of-the-art facility!
This individual works in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to provide health care in the hospital and outpatient setting for assigned patients. The provision of care includes, but is not limited to: obtaining patient history, comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacological agents and treatments, and non-pharmacological therapies. Monitors the effectiveness of the therapeutic interventions. Makes appropriate referrals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and implements patient health care needs.
- Performs routine exams and obtains patient histories.
- Manages patient treatment program based on assessment of needs.
- Initiates treatment via prescriptions, diagnostic tests, and exams.
- Reviews lab results and plans actions according to results.
- Performs routine health maintenance activities for new and established patients.
- Coordinates patient care and makes referrals as needed.
- Collaborates and communicates with other professionals, nurses, physicians, and outside agencies regarding patient care.
- Teaches wellness habits and educates patients on prevention of potential health problems or method of dealing with present problems.
- Provides information and materials relating to patient health care needs
- Licensed in the State of PA
- Strong clinical background in high-acuity patients
- Willing to be trained on new disciplines