Akeso Talent is looking for someone to partner with the client's CEO and Leadership Team to provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to support the strategic initiatives and goals. The Director of Marketing and Sales has direct responsibility for achieving revenue goals through the leadership, development, and successful execution of an integrated, omnichannel digital marketing strategy, and is responsible for providing both a holistic view of the customer and delivering a 360-degree customer experience. This position ensures all lead and customer data is connected from all touch points and is converted into actionable insights that result in lead generation, customer acquisition, customer retention, and exceptional customer experiences that maximize customer lifetime value.
Leadership and Influence
- Uphold, safeguard and promote our client's mission, vision, values, MMI, and culture.
- Build and maintain a departmental structure, operating standards, and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time to meet the strategic needs of the marketing department.
- Manage employee performance by establishing clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Developed & Executed Business Plans
- Participates in setting goals, developing and implementing strategic plans and business initiatives that supports client's vision, mission, values, MMI and culture; translates the strategic plan to staff to ensure support and success.
- vParticipates with CEO and other members of the Leadership Team in setting policies and execute strategies to meet or exceed revenue, profit, and cash flow commitments to the company.
- Analyzes current and future trends and needs and accurately assesses functional responsibilities, competitive strengths, and vulnerabilities.
- Identifies opportunities for value creation.
Strategic Planning and Marketing
- Lead the development and execution of an omni-channel marketing strategy with a “digital first” philosophy on which the user experience strategy can be approached, created, and applied in the right way to meet the Company’s sales and revenue goals.
- Provides oversight and leadership for any and all aspects of marketing, including creative (web, print, and video), traditional marketing (banners, billboards, print and television) digital marketing including SEO, SEM, website, mobile, social media, loyalty, email marketing, segmentation, marketing automation, as well as PR, and brand stewardship.
- Utilize analytics tools, customer journey mapping, and other appropriate research means to develop a deep understanding of customer behaviors that result in actionable insight and predictive intelligence.
- Stay abreast of methods and best practices surrounding digital marketing and omni-channel marketing and factor them into strategic planning and execution. Strengthen our client's capacity to leverage new technologies and creative digital solutions that produce a competitive advantage and support strategic plans.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of Marketing department.
- Lead customer retention initiatives in part by implementing innovative solutions and building exceptional customer experiences that maximize customer lifetime value.
- Continually work with all leaders in the organization to improve the experience for customer transitioning from online to offline or offline to online.
- Connect customer data points to improve customer experience including personalization, marketing automation, segmentation and improving marketing and sales initiatives. Integrate and optimize all online and offline touchpoints. Evangelize digital automation throughout the organization to decrease the number of manual processes and procedures for customers.
- Foster the understanding that creating great digital experiences is a collaborative company-wide endeavor and that the responsibility does not live solely within the marketing department.
- Partner with IT Manager for the proper selection, development, planning, implementation, and maintenance of marketing technology solutions that meet the overall strategic goals of the organization.
Mastery of Marketing
- Ability to create and manage all types of customer engagement strategies through online and offline media.
- Ability to deﬁne and implement an eﬀective mix of digital and traditional tactics including television, radio, billboards, print, web, email, social, SEO, marketing automation and personalization to support business objectives.
- Possession of technical understanding of digital technologies including programming, user interface, systems integration, Web development, CRM, e-commerce systems and analytics.
- Understanding of the customer's journey and customer lifecycle to drive digital demand creation and retention eﬀorts.
- Ability to use data analytics to optimize marketing strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrates decision making through a customer-focused lens and ensures that the customer perspective is the driving force behind all business activities.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting customers’ needs in a manner that provides excellent customer experiences.
- Understands how the business produces customer value and measurable results, and shows an unrelenting, unstoppable drive to achieve success.
- Looks beyond the boundaries of the organization for new growth opportunities (partnerships, new technologies, applications, expansions, new markets).
- Develops brand identity and value propositions for the business that is consistently communicated to the marketplace and reinforced through customer experience.
- Maintains technical and industry knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues, as well as identify and plan for changes or trends likely to impact the organization.
People Leadership & Teamwork
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports or project members.
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; is a people builder.
- Establishes clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes workload appropriately; maintains a two-way dialogue with others on work and results; is a clear communicator.
- Gets things done; organizes people and activities; knows what to measure and how to measure it.
- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialog; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging to the team.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field. Advanced degree (MBA, Masters) preferred.
- 0+ years of Digital Marketing experience.
- Management/Leadership experience with the ability to recruit and retain a team of digital marketing specialists.
- Ability to speak multiple business languages (marketing, technology, strategy, finance).
- Advanced experience with CMS, Marketing Automation, Personalization, Data and Web Analytics tools, Project Management tools, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge and a proven track record of SEM, SEO, creative direction, email and content marketing, social and mobile as well as knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies.
- Extensive experience working with marketing analytics tools.
- Experience with web development and oversight.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must display sound professional judgment, outstanding critical-thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure.
- Must have strong customer service skills.