The successful candidate will be the “face of the program” and responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic engagements at customer locations. He or she will lead a variety of different types of projects across all phases of the complete M&A lifecycle; from Due Diligence to Pre-close to Planning/Blueprinting to Post Acquisition Integration/Separation to Optimization. This encompasses all related IT services for the M&A engagement and includes all areas from of the IT landscape Infrastructure and Network Services, Help desk & Support, Service Delivery Management and Business Applications through the lifecycle of the deal.
- Work with Customer Stakeholders, Partners and Senior ThoughtFocus Management to effectively manage and lead large, complex, global M&A programs to ensure successful completion
- Provide leadership and guidance for our customer’s strategic acquisitions and divestures by developing and managing project plans and executing complex implementation, transition or integration efforts with a variety of internal and external partners
- Manage overall services relationships, including sponsor, steering committee and program office, between customer and various workstream leads to ensure that projects/programs are delivered on-time, within budget and with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Organize & lead regular meetings with the functional leads to help monitor and facilitate the transition or integration in an appropriate and efficient manner; on-time and on-budget
- Organize updates and prepare weekly reports to convey overall program status and maintain key metrics of success including project revenue, project profitability, customer satisfaction, tec…
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and expectations by tracking overall program risks, issues, and decisions and working with functional leads to identify and resolve overall program issues and risks
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and related project expenditures.
- Develop approach to coordinate execution of deliverables across functional groups to ensure all objectives are being managed and are currently on track towards predetermined milestones
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of IT Leadership and Project Management experience with domain knowledge across all IT disciplines including applications, infrastructure, service management and systems integrations
- Experience leading cross-functional teams with proven ability and business acumen to drive large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries to success
- Extensive background in leading/managing M&A/IT including post-acquisition Integration experience and experience w/carve out/divestiture and operations separation
- Experience through all phases of the complete M&A life cycle of M&A combinations: from Due Diligence to Pre-close to Planning/blueprinting to Post Acquisition Integration/Separation to Optimization (all phases)
- Experience with leading or working within a SMO/IMO governance structure
- Experience framing a TSA and working within that context
- Strong strategic/tactical planning and implementation capabilities required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate “up and down” the organization.
- Excellent MS Office skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word… plus MS Project skills.
Education & Professional Training/Certifications:
- BA in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or other related field
- Masters or other post graduate education a plus
- Current PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications highly desired
- Project Leadership Excellence (PLEX) or similar interpersonal skills course
- Big 4 consulting experience is a plus